1. we were on vacation for 10 days
2. while we were gone, Rip got a job after being unemployed for 7 months
3. a week after returning from vacation, our house was on the market and Rip moved to TN
4. I stopped tutoring and turned my beloved business over to someone else
5. it was like 106 DAILY and I was alone with the kids in TX trying to keep the house clean for showings. OH, AND BY THE WAY, I was losing my mind in the process.
Seriously. No husband around, no adult company, no job, no childcare, no ability to take the kiddos outside because of the heat. Not a lot of fun. So I hatched a plan. . .
THE GREAT ROAD TRIP ADVENTURE OF 2010!!!!!
Since we had nothing else to do, I planned a month long road trip. People, you have to be a little messed-up-in-the-head (if you know what I mean) to take two small children on a cross-country road trip by yourself. But I've always been a bit wacko, so it seemed like a great idea. . .and in all honesty, it was a blast. It was planned meticulously, so that we'd have well-timed and pre-selected places to stop, eat, use the facilities, etc. Here's what we did on the first few days:
had a picnic lunch at a lovely park in Texarkana, TX,
arrived in Little Rock, AR in time to see the famed March of the Ducks,
get BACK to the Peabody in time to see the ducks one more time
I was so happy we had embarked on the insanity of the trip. . .the time I was spending with my little boys was so priceless. Up next? Nashville, Tennessee!