Thursday, October 14, 2010

Team Yellow

Upon sending out the email that the boys and I were staying in Indiana for awhile, my childhood friend, Lauren, replied with an invitation for Mason to play soccer on the youth league in her hometown.  It's one county over from where she and I grew up, and she lives in an adorable little town.  Even though our lives were in total chaos and upheaval (this was the SECOND DAY of us living here), I really thought it was a great idea.  Mason could spend time with Lauren's children, make new friends, burn up some energy, and do something that felt "normal."  So, I threw caution to the wind and said that we'd absolutely play soccer.

Note to self:  add soccer cleats, socks, and shin guards to list of things we need but do not have in Indiana.  Why not?!?!




The first game (match?  event?) took place in a downpour.  Awesome.  But, I have to say, it was a blast.   The kiddos could have cared less that it was raining, and it was warm enough out that it was far from unpleasant.  And just like that, we were becoming members of the community, complete with friends and a team! 

No comments:

Post a Comment